Home] [About Us] [Covenants] [Meetings] [Minutes] [News] [Officers and Directors] [Map] [Public Positions] [FAQ]
Minutes of the General Membership Meeting of the Westmoreland Association
March 19, 2012
President – Walter Mugdan
Secretary – Charles Manna
Treasurer – Gary Savage.
President Walter Mugdan called the meeting to order at 8:00 P.M. A motion was made, seconded and unanimously adopted to waive reading of the minutes. (Mr. Mugdan noted that the minutes were available for review on the Westmoreland website.) Gary Savage gave the Treasurer’s Report indicating that the balance-on-hand was $18,123.27 as of November 21, 2011. A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s report. The motion was seconded and the report was unanimously approved.
• Lawrence J. Sheehan (38-07 Little Neck Parkway; an officer of the Little Neck-Douglaston Ambulance Corps)
• Victor Mimoni, Assistant to Daniel J. Halloran III – NYC Council Member, 19th District, Queens
Old Business –
Mr. Sheehan observed that the promise made by Commissioner Maureen McCarthy to post “No U-Turn” signs north of the LIRR surface crossing has not been honored -- the signs have yet been posted.
New Business –
Mr. Mugdan announced that all Officers and members of the Board of Directors of the Association have agreed to serve another year. He read their names; a motion was made and seconded to approve the slate as read. The motion passed unanimously.
The following upcoming events were announced:
• Spring Blood Drive at the Bayside LIRR train station will be held April 2, 2012.
• 150 Free Trees are going to be given out at APEC on April 1, 2012.
• Free Mammograms – Italian American Cancer Foundation. March 31, 2012.
• Udalls Cove Preservation Committee – clean-up day is April 28th starting at 10:00.
• Memorial Day Parade, May 28 at 2:00 p.m.. Members are encouraged to participate. Westmoreland Association will march; we will meet at the Starbucks on Northern Boulevard near the City line.
We have a new captain at the 111th Pricinct. His name is Jason Huerta. He was formerty the X.O. of the 110th. Ronald Leyson was promoted to inspector. Captain Huerta will be invited to attend the May 21, 2012 meeting of the Association.
The Association lodged a complaint with the City regarding two commercial trucks parked in the driveway at 254-17 4oth Avenue. [That complaint was submitted via the City's 3-1-1 system, and it appears from the City Buildings Department database that a violation notice was issued. However, the trucks are still routinely parked there two months later.]
A member complained about a black Volvo car parked for an extended period of time (since at least November) on Glenwood near 39th Avenue. Mr. Mimoni made a note of it and said he would report it to Councilman Halloran.
David Rubinton, who lives at 13 Nassau Road, gave a presentation to the membership about the installation of solar panels on the roof of his house. The panels have been in service for about six years. Mr. Rubinton explained the financials and the procedure to find out if one's house qualifies for the cost saving program. He passed out copies of his contract with the solar company, and encouraged us to make inquiries. He said that there are even more favorable (no up-front cost) terms that are available now.
Our next meeting -- the last of the 2011-2012 season-- will be held on May 21, 2012.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 PM.
Charles Manna, Secretary
To view meetings schedules click here